Monday, July 18, 2016

Greek Watermelon Salad


During these dogs days of summer one of the most refreshing foods is a really sweet, ripe watermelon. What's even better is making that watermelon into practically a meal.


I like to cube my watermelon, add some crumbled feta cheese and a fresh mint chiffonade(fancy word for chopped). I finish it off with my delicious  dressing and I have to say that there's never any left in the bowl.


I know that you might be a little reluctant to pair sweet watermelon with a savory dressing. But trust me, it makes a beautiful, tasty addition to the summer table.







Oh, yeah, this is my sourdough bread for the day. It really pairs well with the watermelon salad.
Greek Watermelon Salad
Cut up half a watermelon into 1 to 2 inch cubes.
3 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
3/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese

Dressing
3/4 cup of extra virgin Greek olive oil
1/4 cup  white balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard

salt and pepper to taste

Mix watermelon, feta and mint in a large bowl.
Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid. Shake vigorously(make sure the jar is on tight.)
Once the dressing is mixed well and the ingredients have emulsified pour it over the watermelon mixture.
Mix the salad gently and serve with that good crusty bread.

Enjoy!

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment